Tuesday, April 11, 2006

It takes one to beat one

So, last night (Monday 4/10) I was getting hit w/ bad beat after bad beat (as per usual). Suddenly the urge came over me to donk away all my chips in anger. Seeing as I was on a limit table at the time (not very satisfying when trying to act like an idiot) I began the search for a good place to throw away a little money. Within a few minutes I found my self seated at a $.50 + $.05 rebuy multi table tourn. This was good. I couldn't lose more than 55 cents at a time and could rebuy if the crunch wasn't as satisfying as I desired. The deal begins. 1st hand = JJ. Perfect. I quickly push allin early in the action. One caller = Ax. Flop, not bad. By the time the river comes, however, the table is filled w/ clubs. Split pot. Oh well. There was no satisfying crunch, but it was great for the table image. The next time I do that will sure to make a good splat. 2nd hand = JJ. Hah! Again, allin. Three callers this time. Perfect. Either I win huge and can really go splat later, or I make a big splat here and perhaps cause a few bad beats when the guy w/ Q10 hits his straight. I win... again. Suddenly I am leading this crazy tournament. Fast forward an hour and a half. I tighten up a little, but still make some stupid crazy bets and calls.

I win the tournament.

I end up staying up an hour later than I had planned in order to win a 50 cent tournament. Guess what I won? An entry into Tuesday night's $5 tournament. Of course there are over 1,000 people registered for this tournament compared to last nights 40 people. Still, I think I can do it. If I get lucky I can finish 107th and take down $6.63! That is a return of over 1000% on my original investment! Woohoo! Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Lee said...

Co-stanza.

Do the opposite!