Well, the first time I met BJ was when a group of us went to see The Village and we ran into him and Jane. Soon after that, they started coming over for poker night at Jeff's. We probably hadn't been playing but maybe a couple of month before that. The Village opened in theaters on August 1, 2004. This would be M. Night Shyamalan's 4th film. Expectations were high, but the reviews were so-so. Still, it had a pretty good opening weekend at $50,746,142. It would go on to make $114,195,633, $113 million less than his previous film, Signs. Clearly, the public was losing interest in this filmmaker. Uhh...wait...where was I?
Oh yeah...So....maybe we started playing poker in June of 04?
I remember playing in the old house and I also remember playing when the baby was old enough to sit in my lap for hours and giggle when I dropped chips. So, it might have even been earlier than June.
I think it was earlier than June, because as I recall Ryan mentioned the poker games to me while Drea and I were still up in Columbia, and when I came to play with y'all for the first time very shortly after we moved back to Little Rock you had been playing for a little while... a couple of months maybe? I remember I still had no idea how to play just before I came over, so I looked at the rules for about 15 minutes while eating some dinner, had a hand ranking listing in front of me, and beat you all silly. But anyway...
I think we moved back in April 2004. I remember my classes weren't quite over and I had to write a final paper amidst all the unpacked boxes in our house, with my computer sitting on the floor, and email it to my professor to graduate. So you must have started in March 2004 at the latest, I'd say.
Yeah, after talking to Ryan...it seems we may have been playing close to a year before I said...crazy. I guess we were playing for quite a while before B.J. and Jane were involved. I do remember playing until 6:00 AM at Jeff's on several occasions...back when we didn't believe in cashing out and that there had to be an ultimate winner for the night....good times...good times.
4 comments:
Well, the first time I met BJ was when a group of us went to see The Village and we ran into him and Jane. Soon after that, they started coming over for poker night at Jeff's. We probably hadn't been playing but maybe a couple of month before that.
The Village opened in theaters on August 1, 2004. This would be M. Night Shyamalan's 4th film. Expectations were high, but the reviews were so-so. Still, it had a pretty good opening weekend at $50,746,142. It would go on to make $114,195,633, $113 million less than his previous film, Signs. Clearly, the public was losing interest in this filmmaker. Uhh...wait...where was I?
Oh yeah...So....maybe we started playing poker in June of 04?
I remember playing in the old house and I also remember playing when the baby was old enough to sit in my lap for hours and giggle when I dropped chips. So, it might have even been earlier than June.
I think it was earlier than June, because as I recall Ryan mentioned the poker games to me while Drea and I were still up in Columbia, and when I came to play with y'all for the first time very shortly after we moved back to Little Rock you had been playing for a little while... a couple of months maybe? I remember I still had no idea how to play just before I came over, so I looked at the rules for about 15 minutes while eating some dinner, had a hand ranking listing in front of me, and beat you all silly. But anyway...
I think we moved back in April 2004. I remember my classes weren't quite over and I had to write a final paper amidst all the unpacked boxes in our house, with my computer sitting on the floor, and email it to my professor to graduate. So you must have started in March 2004 at the latest, I'd say.
Yeah, after talking to Ryan...it seems we may have been playing close to a year before I said...crazy. I guess we were playing for quite a while before B.J. and Jane were involved.
I do remember playing until 6:00 AM at Jeff's on several occasions...back when we didn't believe in cashing out and that there had to be an ultimate winner for the night....good times...good times.
Post a Comment