Thursday, December 22, 2005

The Online fun of Mike Matusow

So, I have taken to capturing the hands of pros that play online at UB. I like to pretend that I am gathering information for a future asswhooping when I eventually build the bankroll to take them on. I sometimes have a tea party with them too. Phil Helmuth wears a pretty dress. I digress, On one such occasion I got to witness a great hand involving a player that goes by the name of Dill Pickle: otherwise known as Mike Matusow. The following is the hand history captured by poker tracker:

Hand #9935043-306 at Sparta (No Limit Hold'em)Powered by UltimateBet
Started at 30/Nov/05 00:21:06

Mahatma is at seat 0 with $12186.
TryHarderFish is at seat 1 with $27921.
Cute_Girl is at seat 2 with $4650.
robopok is at seat 3 with $5136.
dill pickle is at seat 4 with $17132.
BellagioLee is at seat 5 with $4500.
The button is at seat 5.

Mahatma posts the small blind of $50.
TryHarderFish posts the big blind of $100.

Pre-flop:
Cute_Girl folds. robopok folds. dill pickle raises to $350. BellagioLee folds. Mahatma calls. TryHarderFish calls.

Flop (board: 7s 5h 8c):

Mahatma checks. TryHarderFish bets $1050. dillpickle raises to $2100. Mahatma folds. TryHarderFish calls.

Turn (board: 7s 5h 8c Ah):

TryHarderFish checks. dill pickle bets $5250.TryHarderFish raises to $17000. dill pickle goesall-in for $14682. TryHarderFish is returned $2318(uncalled).

River (board: 7s 5h 8c Ah 6c):

(no action in this round)

Showdown:
TryHarderFish shows 9h Jc.
TryHarderFish has 9h 7s 5h 8c 6c: straight, nine high.
dill pickle shows 8d Ad.
dill pickle has 8d Ad 7s 8c Ah: two pair, aces and eights.

Hand #9935043-306 Summary:
$3 is raked from a pot of $34614.
TryHarderFish wins $34611 with straight, nine high.

TryHarderFish left the table a couple hands after this hand. My only regret is not also capturing the fireworks that followed... for the next hour. "The Mouth" really let his fingers to the trash talking after that beat.

[Hassenfeffer]

1 comment:

Lee said...

Now that's a bad beat.
- Arky