Thursday, December 22, 2005

Nice Comeback

A preflop all-in gone awry left me with 200 of my 300 remaining chips taken for the big blind in the very next hand:

Trny:16613017 Level:6 Blinds(100/200)

Seat 1: BigBruce24 ( $2133 )
Seat 9: Dragonball14 ( $5566 )
Seat 7: ArkyV ( $301 )

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to ArkyV [ Kc 7s ]
Dragonball14 raises [400].
BigBruce24 calls [300].
ArkyV is all-In [101]
** Dealing Flop ** [ 9s, 7d, Ah ]
BigBruce24 checks.
Dragonball14 bets [200].
BigBruce24 folds.
** Dealing Turn ** [ 7h ]
** Dealing River ** [ 6s ]
Dragonball14 shows [ As, 9h ] two pairs, aces and nines.
ArkyV shows [ Kc, 7s ] three of a kind, sevens.
Dragonball14 wins 398 chips from side pot #1 with two pairs, aces and nines.
ArkyV wins 903 chips from the main pot with three of a kind, sevens.

I got lucky there... a bit of table bullying, another win or two, and then the final hand...

Trny:16613017 Level:7 Blinds(150/300)

Seat 9: Dragonball14 ( $2688 )
Seat 7: ArkyV ( $5312 )

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to ArkyV [ 5h Ad ]
ArkyV is all-In [5162]
Dragonball14 is all-In [2388]
** Dealing Flop ** [ 7d, Js, 7h ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ Tc ]
** Dealing River ** [ 7c ]
ArkyV shows [ 5h, Ad ] three of a kind, sevens.
Dragonball14 shows [ 3s, Kh ] three of a kind, sevens.
ArkyV wins 2624 chips from side pot #1 with three of a kind, sevens with ace kicker.
ArkyV wins 5376 chips from the main pot with three of a kind, sevens with ace kicker.

Sweet!
- ArkyV

3 comments:

Lee said...

Ok, heads up is the weakest part of my sitngo play. So let me ask you: as the big stack why push all in there with A5 preflop? I would be tempted to try to see the flop and make sure it wasn't all a suit I didn't have or KKQ or something. - Hassenfeffer

Mr Waturi_RatNamedTed said...

Heads up any A is a great hand. An allin there will often buy the blinds. A call preflop opens you up to a mess of problems.

Lee said...

With an ace, you have to raise it. Because of the other guy's stack size, a raise of 3xBB, if called, creates a pot about as big as his stack would be. So he'd be smarter, if he was going to call a raise, to push all-in so he has the added opportunity to win by me folding. I don't want him to move all-in on me, I want to be moving in on him.

Plus, I'd been very aggressive ever since rising from the near-dead, so I figured there was added chance he'd call with a crappy King or Queen, and I'd be the favorite to win the SNG right here. Which is what happened... he made a stand with K3o.