Tuesday, December 27, 2005
Sit and Go Strategy
My list five SNGs have ended 5th, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd and 2nd. Overall, I make the money more than half the time - maybe close to 2/3 of the time. The win seems rare though. I think when I get down to the final 3, I get too aggressive and push with cards I shouldn't push with. Anyone have some final 3 strategy suggestions?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Alas, I'm having the same problem. So far on the $10 sngs, I have 8 wins, 8 seconds, and 16 thirds (about 55% in the money). Had a nice chip lead in the final 3 once last night, and blew it by betting really, really big into someone's nut flush. Oops. Just too aggressive.
Harrington on Hold'em Volume II covers heads up and last few player territory, so I'm eager to go over what he says.
Took 2nd place in a $1 + $.20, 27 seat tourney last night. I have never had people pay me off so well when I get something good. Just as an example, I flopped the top set (queens) and bet the size of the pot. Guy calls my bet and my bet on the turn and raises me on the river (after I made a boat). Turns out he had 44. There was no 4 on the board.
So, that makes me 5/7 in tournaments for making the money.
Nice! Stay on the true path of the low buy-in tourney and your bankroll will continue to grow strong, young grasshopper.
Post a Comment