I've just visited Amazon armed with my $75 gc from poker source online (thanks to Shane for the heads up about them). After buying gifts for my wife, I bought myself these:

A value at only $9.95, it is about the only book I can find in existence that is recommended on twoplustwo.com for its section on 6-handed limit HE play. Most books hardly address the shorthanded game, yet it is very popular online. I'm doing well in my ~ 2 week experiment with playing it, up about $35 this month so far playing it at the .10/.25 level, which makes up for being down this past week at SNGs. I never did this well at full table limit. I plan to see if I can carve out another successful poker niche here.

Apart from its attention grabbing title and cover, this $16.50 book which came out last October is getting a lot of buzz on twoplustwo. The general theory seems to be making use of big bets and all-in moves, eliminating many tough decisions that come after the flop and therefore helping more novice players compete with tough players in big tournaments. In SNGs, especially the ones structured like on Party and Empire where much of the tourney after levels 1-2 is about all-in moves and when to make them and with what cards, this book may be a nice help. I know I struggle some in knowing when to push all-in preflop and with what cards I need to do it in a certain spot, so that's why I'm picking this book up. It's probably of less use in SNGs structured like UB where you have bigger stacks and more time, unless you figure yourself to not be as good as the other players.
No comments:
Post a Comment