Thursday, February 16, 2006
Party Poker: More Than Just a Facelift.
So, I log onto Party tonight to find that the program needs an update. A few minutes later I log onto a $10 tourn and what do I find? Party is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. First my chipstack is at 2000 chips?!?! Wha-? Last night it was 800 starting chips and now 2000! This foils my whole strategy. Next I notice blinds start at 20/40. This evens things out a little since before blinds started w/ 5/10 (I think). But, wait! Levels now increase every 10 minutes! Wha-? Am I going to have to play POKER now? Does this ruin my whole strategy? What will happen? Lucky, the idiots are still there. Let's see what happens next, shall we?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well, I eased into the final three no problem. I had been planning on playing a quick 45 minute tourn, but with the new structure it turned into an hour and a half. I basically had to go allin and double or die so that I could help out the wife and kid with a chore. Found 99 annd pushed. Biggy called and caught a J. The end. Overall, I liked it.
Crap. Now it's going to take twice as long to win money on Party? Why'd they need to go and do that. Guess I might try playing 2 at once since they now have a much more leisurely pace.
Post a Comment