So I have been on a sever downswing the last couple weeks. I get a good pocket and it misses. I have a monster hand and the river kills me. I get a draw and it misses. I get 2nd nuts and lose to the nuts. This game suddenly hates me. Example:
MOBEYDICK: -- --
IChase4Outers: -- --
devils child: -- --
Mr Waturi: Ks Qd
ark623: -- --
rlunc5: -- --
jbrinkma: -- --
kcbones: -- --
Shmengeee: -- --
unfocused: -- --
Pre-flop:
jbrinkma folds. kcbones folds. Shmengeee calls.unfocused calls. MOBEYDICK folds. IChase4Outerscalls. devils child folds. Mr Waturi calls.ark623 folds. rlunc5 checks.
Flop (board: Kc Kh 6h):
rlunc5 bets $1.35. Shmengeee calls. unfocusedfolds. IChase4Outers folds. Mr Waturi raises to$6.75. rlunc5 folds. Shmengeee calls.
Turn (board: Kc Kh 6h 8d):
Shmengeee checks. Mr Waturi bets $8. Shmengeee goesall-in for $14.30. Mr Waturi calls.
River (board: Kc Kh 6h 8d Jd):
(no action in this round)
Showdown:
Shmengeee shows Kd Ad.Shmengeee has Kd Ad Kc Kh Jd: three kings.
Mr Waturi mucks cards.(Mr Waturi has Ks Qd.)
Hand #10101216-4136 Summary:
$2.20 is raked from a pot of $44.80.Shmengeee wins $42.60 with three kings.
and
TMPC1: -- --
Saiyen Pride: -- --
Mr Waturi: Ks Kh
TeeddyKGB: -- --
jess14: -- --
HOUSTON46: -- --
holddunutz: -- --
JeffeLebowski: -- --
sevenghst: -- --
pigglywiggly: -- --
Pre-flop:
Mr Waturi raises to $.50. TeeddyKGB folds. jess14calls. HOUSTON46 folds. holddunutz folds.JeffeLebowski folds. sevenghst folds. pigglywigglyfolds. TMPC1 folds. Saiyen Pride folds.
Flop (board: Td 4d Qh):
Mr Waturi checks. jess14 checks.
Turn (board: Td 4d Qh Kd):
Mr Waturi checks. jess14 checks.
River (board: Td 4d Qh Kd Jc):
Mr Waturi bets $1.50. jess14 raises to $3. MrWaturi re-raises to $10.35. jess14 goes all-in for$5.85. Mr Waturi is returned $4.50 (uncalled).
Showdown:
Mr Waturi shows Ks Kh.Mr Waturi has Ks Kh Qh Kd Jc: three kings.
jess14 shows Js 9c.jess14 has Js 9c Td Qh Kd: straight, king high.
Hand #10101306-955 Summary:
$.65 is raked from a pot of $13.05.jess14 wins $12.40 with straight, king high.
and
MOBEYDICK: -- --
IChase4Outers: -- --
devils child: -- --
Mr Waturi: 9d 7c
ark623: -- --
rlunc5: -- --
jbrinkma: -- --
kcbones: -- --
Shmengeee: -- --
Pre-flop:
ark623 folds. rlunc5 folds. jbrinkma calls.kcbones folds. Shmengeee calls. MOBEYDICK folds.IChase4Outers folds. devils child calls. Mr Waturichecks.
Flop (board: Tc 8h 7s):
devils child checks. Mr Waturi bets $1. jbrinkmafolds. Shmengeee calls. devils child folds.
Turn (board: Tc 8h 7s 8s):
Mr Waturi bets $3. Shmengeee calls.
River (board: Tc 8h 7s 8s Td):
Mr Waturi bets $9. Shmengeee raises to $18. MrWaturi folds. Shmengeee is returned $9 (uncalled).
Hand #10101216-4143 Summary:
$1.35 is raked from a pot of $27.Shmengeee wins $25.65.
These 3 hands illustrate something: I am becoming (or am just realizing I have always been) a bad poker player. Let's skip the first hand and move to the second. Why do I slowplay the flop and turn only to raise on the river when I have let the enemy draw out? Could I have played this hand worse?
Now, the 1st hand I dont think I would've played any differently. AK limped and let me bet into him. I played into his hands and would do the same every single time. I am not upset about that hand. However, that hand led me to the 3rd hand listed. I played angry. I allowed a big loss to upset me into playing stupid. Extremely stupid. I suck. I should cash out. See you around. Maybe.
Wednesday, January 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sorry, Ted. You don't suck though. Who doesn't make a bad play sometimes. And losing streaks are inevitable in a game that combines skill with luck and exhilaration with psychological torment. Take the long view while in a stretch like this... how are you doing over the last 6 months?
I think we all need to tape a note to our monitors that says, "When I feel frustration grow/ and think on tilt I go/ I must log off/ so my money I do not blow."
Or something.
Will I have to take down the note I have up now?
"If AK I have/ do not feel bold/ resist the urge to play it/ and fold fold fold!"
You should take that note down in any event! Replace it with:
"If AK I have/ do not hesitate/ jam that mother freakin' pot/ and chips I will accumulate."
At least, that's what Matt Matros recommends.
I am on an awful streak at our meat-space table myself. It sucks, yeah. Maybe tighten up and go down a level?
Post a Comment