Sunday, January 08, 2006

Trinity

The previous hand I had called $1 preflop with 55, flop comes 643 rainbow, I call a small bet, turn is a 2. That gets me back to $22 after a quite bad start at the table. Then I get this hand:

***** Hand History for Game 3336254536 *****
$25 NL Texas Hold'em - Sunday, January 08, 13:19:40 EDT 2006
Table Table 81009 (Real Money)
Seat 3 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 1: tonygforce ( $12.20 )
Seat 2: swisha_hype ( $11.48 )
Seat 3: The_Canes ( $22.25 )
Seat 4: Obar1029 ( $23.45 )
Seat 6: lilloverpar ( $20.50 )
Seat 7: josephgooch ( $39.26 )
Seat 8: Thirdheaven ( $44.95 )
Seat 9: Daisy183 ( $45.70 )
Seat 10: pamajkl ( $5.40 )
Seat 5: lrlr1 ( $22.47 )
Obar1029 posts small blind [$0.10].
lrlr1 posts big blind [$0.25].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to lrlr1 [ As Ah ]
lilloverpar calls [$0.25].
josephgooch folds.
Daisy183 calls [$0.25].
pamajkl folds.
tonygforce folds.
swisha_hype folds.
The_Canes folds.
Obar1029 raises [$0.90].
lrlr1 raises [$2.75].
lilloverpar folds.
Daisy183 folds.
Obar1029 calls [$2].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 6s, 8c, 7h ]
Obar1029 bets [$5]. (does he have a set or a worse overpair?)
lrlr1 is all-In [$19.47] (I think it's an overpair.)
Obar1029 calls [$14.47]. (crap, now I think it's a set.)
** Dealing Turn ** [ 3d ]
** Dealing River ** [ Qd ]
Obar1029 shows [ 9c, 9s ] a pair of nines.
lrlr1 shows [ As, Ah ] a pair of aces.
lrlr1 wins $43.19 from the main pot with a pair of aces.

So he had an overpair plus an outside straight draw. 10 outs. Only a small dog after the flop. I did well to have my hand hold up, but now I'm nicely up at the table.

Next hand I have A3 in the small blind. I call (well, I do have good odds for 15 cents). Flop is J42 rainbow. Checked around. Turn is a 5. I manage to win $6 from a guy who thinks his pocket 6s may still be good if I'm betting the 5.

From about $15 to $50 in 3 hands. Sweet.

No comments: