I strayed from Absolute's $6 SNGs tonight to try Party and UB $10s again and was, I believe, given cause for a minor whine at least (indulge me). Two bad beats at Party to start me out and I've got that good frustrated/ticked off feeling going on but decide to try my luck at UB again, and, well...
Hand #11308599-99 at SnG-0015o (No Limit Hold'em Sit and Go)
Powered by UltimateBet
Started at 24/Jan/06 01:22:10
rodeohussy is at seat 1 with 8205.
LRLR is at seat 5 with 2410.
majormobi is at seat 6 with 3120.
me dawg is at seat 7 with 1265.
The button is at seat 5.
majormobi posts the small blind of 75.
me dawg posts the big blind of 150.
rodeohussy: -- --
LRLR: Ks Kh
majormobi: -- --
me dawg: -- --
Pre-flop:
rodeohussy folds. LRLR raises to 300. majormobi
folds. me dawg re-raises to 975. LRLR goes all-in
for 2410. me dawg goes all-in for 1265. LRLR is
returned 1145 (uncalled).
Tournament all-in showdown -- players show:
LRLR shows Ks Kh.
me dawg shows Ad Qc.
Flop (board: 5c 5h 2d): (looking good...)
Turn (board: 5c 5h 2d Qh): (hmm... but I'm still 90% to win, it's all good)
River (board: 5c 5h 2d Qh Qd): (#%@#! mother of #^%#@ $*&#! I had my own private Mike Matusow moment here, good thing y'all missed it.)
And just in case I didn't get the message of the evening, the hand I actually went out on a few moments later, in 4th place of course, I had top pair on the flop and on the turn against an opponent holding Ace high, and the river, don't you know, was an Ace.
Argh. Just one of those nights that forces you to go to bed with a burning rage in your heart and a deeply aggrieved sense of injustice, like you used to feel back when you actually thought you gave a sh*t about the exploited working classes suffering under the yoke of imperialistic capitalist tyranny. You know?
Monday, January 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I feel your pain. I have suffered some crippling bad beats in my last few tourneys and I haven't placed in the last 5. I have also been off my game in general.
Worst bad beat of the week: I have AQ and flop comes QQ5. I check raise a guy and he goes all in. He turns over JJ. Guess what he got on the river? I got my money all in as a 92% favorite and he sucks out. I'm still feeling that one.
Yep, that sucks. Another bad beat story for ya: I got 8th place in an SNG early last night when I got AA, called a reraise preflop from a maniac, flop came Kxx, I bet, called a raise from said maniac that put me all-in, he turned over KJ. He got his third King on the turn, and said "nice." Yes, you moron, well played.
But that's okay. I played 2 other SNGs last night and won them both, so hey.
Post a Comment