I sat down at .05/.10, 6 Max ring game this morning to try to clear some of my bonus money.
First pocket was AA.
I raise 4xBB, get two callers, flop comes rainbow garbage and I get one guy to go all in with me. He couldn' t lay down his 66 with two overs on the board. I have $10 in my stack and I fluctuate between $8 and $12 over the next hour. On my last hand I get JJ and the big stack shark at the table raises 9xBB. I put him on something good but he had been aggressive with marginal hands so decide to call and get out if I don't hit my set. Flop comes Jxx rainbow. I check, he bets, I raise, he calls. I bet a little on the turn and a little more on the river and each time he calls. He turns over AA and I take down a $20 pot. "Wheeeeee!"
I liked playing at the 6 Max table. There were basically three of us who seemed to know what we were doing and we took turns taking money from new people sitting down, playing too aggressively and busting out after 20 minutes.
Here's a hand from the middle of all the action that I was particularly proud of. It wasn't a huge pot but it holds up with my assessment that that players at UB are (on average) tighter than the ones at Absolute and will lay down good cards to an inferior hand on occassion.
Getting Hand History Information...----------------------------------------------------------------
Hand #10957794-20715 at Marseille (No Limit Hold'em)
Powered by UltimateBet
Started at 28/Jan/06 10:38:14
Jubbo is at seat 0 with $9.54.
gounch is at seat 1 with $5.55.
Hassenfeffer is at seat 2 with $9.40.
electricman77 is at seat 3 with $9.
tazz54 is at seat 4 with $10.75.
brownkat26 is at seat 5 with $11.45.
The button is at seat 0.
gounch posts the small blind of $.05.
Hassenfeffer posts the big blind of $.10.
Jubbo: -- --
gounch: -- --
Hassenfeffer: Ts 6s
electricman77: -- --
tazz54: -- --
brownkat26: -- --
Pre-flop:
electricman77 folds.
tazz54 calls.
brownkat26 calls.
Jubbo calls.
gounch calls.
Hassenfeffer checks.
Flop (board: Jc 6h Jh): [Yay, I'm golden if no one has a Jack... right?]
gounch checks.
Hassenfeffer bets $.50.
tazz54 folds.
brownkat26 calls.
Jubbo folds.
gounch folds.
Turn (board: Jc 6h Jh Ah): [Why did he call before? He has been aggressive and smart so far. Does he really have a Jack? I'll bet again and maybe he will respect the Ace as a scare card. But this time I will bet something that looks like I WANT a call.]
Hassenfeffer bets $.70.
brownkat26 folds, showing 9s 9d. [I do a happy dance!]
Hassenfeffer is returned $.70 (uncalled).
Hand #10957794-20715 Summary: $.05 is raked from a pot of $1.50. Hassenfeffer wins $1.45.
In other news:
1. I am now, officially, a break even poker player online over my entire career. That is NOT counting bonus money.
2. I am going to try the $5 SNGs and report back after 5 tourneys.
3. My New Year's resolution was to get my BR from $150 to $450. In the month of January I am up to $181.25. I have to feel good about that because that increase represents a lot of $1 and $2 SNGs and play at $.05/$.10 ring games. Hopefully, as I move up to $5 SNGs, that will go up a little faster. Also, my NY resolution requires me to win $25/month on average and I am ahead of that curve at this point just a tiny bit.
4. Bonus money on UB clears VERY slowly at the .5/.10 tables. I was involved in a lot of raked pots today and I cleared a little over a dollar of my bonus.
Saturday, January 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
1)Yea!
2)Good luck!
3)Congrats.
4)It does clear really slow. I MIGHT have all my bonus cleared there by 1 year from today. But I might not. I'm still going to spend most of my online poker time playing SNGs on other sites most likely.
And it doesn't seem to clear more quickly at the next level up either, due to how they've set up their rake--->bonus point structure. At least that's how it seems in my experience. You get the same bonus points whether the rake is only a penny or 20 times that.
Post a Comment